Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bob Jones


Growing up, Bob Jones was a major local TV personality. He was somewhat intellectual and clearly more literate than most  local TV folks. He had a talk show called KALEIDOSCOPE but, like many others in regional TV, he multi-tasked. Sometimes he did the news, the weather, spot announcements or, as seen here, hosted the MONEY MOVIE! George Clooney's Dad, Nick, himself the host of AMC movies at the time, told me once that Bob Jones knew more about movies than anyone. When I started at Waldenbooks in 1982, Bob was a frequent customer at the downtown store where I worked. His "square" personality perhaps led to his leaving TV during the "ANCHORMAN" era of the late seventies. I'm not certain whatever happened to Bob Jones but I've always remembered him fondly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment